Allowed, Prohibited, and Illegal Items
Please review the list of Allowed, Prohibited, and Illegal items for clarification on what can and cannot be shipped on Perimeter aircraft.
Perimeter will not knowingly ship alcohol to any of the northern communities we serve.
Please review the list of Common Dangerous Goods to see if anything you are shipping qualifies. All dangerous goods must be packaged and labelled according to Transport Canada dangerous goods regulations. If you are unsure, or have any questions about dangerous goods, please contact our Cargo office at 1-800-665-8986, and ask to speak with our in-house dangerous goods expert, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Caskets, Funeral Items and Human Remains
We are capable of shipping funeral items such as caskets, flowers, human remains, etc.
Please review the following shipping procedures for details on how the process works:
- Please call 204-783-8000 or email email@example.com to block space on a flight
- Space must be blocked a minimum of 1 day in advance if the casket is going on a scheduled flight
- Please contact our Charters department at 1-888-831-8472 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make special charter arrangements.
- Caskets must be dropped off 90 minutes prior to departure time for scheduled and chartered flights
- Please download, print, and complete the Casket Transport Details form and attach it to the casket. This form must be attached to the casket and clearly visible before it will be accepted for shipment.
These procedures are meant to help our Customer Service team provide the best service possible.
Packaging and Labelling Requirements
It is very important to ensure your freight is packed in a strong box, with appropriate labeling (fridge / freezer, fragile, dangerous goods, etc.). Perimeter is not responsible for any loss if the freight is not properly packaged and/or labelled.
All meat products must be shipped frozen and labelled accordingly.
Items that require fridge / freezer storage must be clearly labelled to ensure proper handling while in our posession.
Shipping Costs and Payment Requirements
All shipping costs must be paid in full before any items will be shipped.
Perimeter Cargo will not accept used items for shipment (such as furniture, appliances, tires, clothing, etc.) unless they are paid for when dropped off.
Items sent collect will be held for a maximum of 14 days at which time they will be returned to the consignor or disposed.
Package Drop-Off and Pick-Up
When dropping-off a package for shipment, ID must be provided and the items being shipped must be inspected to confirm their contents (these are Transport Canada requirements).
When picking-up a shipment from Perimeter, remember to sign the Air Waybill.
Customers cannot take partial pieces from a shipment unless the Air Waybill is cancelled, and all of the original pieces are taken by the customer.
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Please review our Service Level Agreement (SLA) to see estimated shipping times for various types of commodities.
Cargo Domestic Tariff
Please take a moment to review our Cargo Domestic Tariff.
Shipping Claims Policies
If any items are damaged or missing from a shipment, the customer must immediately speak to a Perimeter Station Agent to start a new claim, before the freight is removed from the airport.
- Claims will not be processed if the shipment is removed from the airport after customer pick-up, or if the claim is made on a different day that the shipment was received (must be same day).
- Claims will not be processed without a customer-signed Air Waybill that clearly identifies all damaged and/or missing items.
- Claims will not be processed without original receipts for the items that were damaged or missing.
- Floor models, ice cream not packaged in dry ice, automobile windshields, or house windows not packed in a wooden crate are shipped at ‘Owners Risk’ will not be eligible for a claim if damaged.
- Spoiled items will not be eligible for a claim if the customer fails to properly label their goods (ie. fridge or freezer).
- General food items that expire while in our possession (chips, candy, pop, etc.) are not eligible for a claim if the expiry date is within 30 days of the drop-off date, with the exception of fresh perishable food items.
Please contact our Cargo office today if you have any questions or concerns about your shipment, or any of the above shipping policies.