Aircraft Groomer – YWG
Posted: November 4, 2020
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Winnipeg Aircraft Groomer’s primary responsibility is to ensure the inside of the aircraft and hangar buildings are maintained adhering to Perimeter’s safe and sanitary cleaning procedures.
In between times when there are no aircrafts requiring cleaning; the Winnipeg Aircraft Groomer may be responsible to clean the hangar and perform other job duties as assigned but not limited to the following by the supervisor/manager.
- Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Motivated with the ability to work independently and part of a team
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve by offering suggestions on ways to perform tasks better
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility, with interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain knowledge in the safe and correct use of all daily required cleaning chemicals, ensuring proper safety equipment is worn i.e. hearing protection worn at all times near running aircrafts, nitrile gloves worn when cleaning washrooms or using chemicals for cleaning, safety vests and ramp passes must be worn while on the ramp.
- Complete assigned work schedules and adjust schedule to meet additional customer and or cleaning needs.
- Return equipment to proper location in proper working condition and properly emptied of solutions, cleaned and ready for the next use.
- Demonstrate cooperative attitude while working on all job tasks and assist others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 10 education required
- Minimum 6-12 months general janitorial cleaning and customer service experience preferred
- Ability to perform and demonstrate proper cleaning and floor care techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment usage and safety practices in all procedures
- Indigenous and Cultural Awareness Training
- Must obtain and maintain WAA RAIC
- Physical ability to perform all listed job duties including but not limited to bending, sitting, standing, lifting to a maximum of 50lbs, pushing and pulling on a daily basis
- Safety equipment will be required, hearing protection, nitrile gloves, safety vests and ramp passes when on ramp
- Work indoors and outdoors
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.