Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) – Winnipeg
Posted: May 13, 2019
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The primary responsibilities of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) include, but are not limited to servicing, inspecting, repairing and performing mechanical maintenance to aircraft before it is considered serviceable.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft
- Reading and interpreting maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Inspecting airframes for wear or other defects
- Marshalling and towing aircraft
- Maintaining repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance
- Modifying aircraft components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders and technical publications
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Execution of work as indicated by supervisor
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Ministry of Transportation approved/accredited Aircraft Maintenance Program
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working as an AME
- Verbal and written skills
- Proven time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skill
- Ability to qualify for Airport Authority Security Clearance (RAIC)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Any or all of the following Licenses: M1, M2, S, and/or E
- Dash 8 and/or Metro aircraft type endorsement an asset
- Aboriginal awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
AMEs may be assigned to a variety of shifts including:
- 7 on / 7 off
- This position has the potential of either: Days (6 AM – 6 PM), Evenings (6 PM – 6 AM), or as operationally required
- Work in a shop environment with a full range of movement (flexibility) required
- Extended periods of standing, crouching, and kneeling in an aircraft
- Ability to meet constraining deadlines
- Periods of heavy lifting up to maximum of 100 lbs
- May be called upon to work overtime
Benefits and Rewards
We operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that requires teamwork and a strong work ethic. We are seeking individuals who have the desire to grow with our company! If you are up for the challenge, then our diverse weather conditions, wide variety of tasks, and skilled mentors can offer you one of the best training environments to help you become a highly proficient, valuable, and licensed AME. If you are already skilled, then some of the rewards that you can look forward to will include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including short/long-term disability, life insurance, medical and dental.
- Clothing allowance for footwear and uniform
- Free parking
- Employer-matched RRSP/pension plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Travel Benefits – You and your family can travel locally, nationally, and even internationally at significantly reduced rates!
- Relocation assistance may be provided
- Signing bonus of $5,000 for an M1 license and $10,000 for an M2 license with a Dash 8 endorsement
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.