Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Apprentice
Posted: July 26, 2018
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Apprentice’s primary responsibilities would include but not limited to the servicing, inspecting, repairing and performing of mechanical maintenance to an aircraft before it is considered airworthy.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position would be responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, performing the following range of duties:
- Performing Scheduled and Unscheduled maintenance on aircraft
- Marshalling and towing aircraft
- Reconfiguring aircraft interiors from passenger to cargo to medevac
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Work indicated by supervisor
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
- Currently enrolled or completed Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance course
- Highly flexible, with an ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine aircraft maintenance operations
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure with a strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft computer software and email
- Able to qualify for Airport Authority Security clearance
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
We offer a Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes: Industry Competitive Wages, Medical and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, Travel Benefits with various International Air Carriers, an Employee Share Purchase Plan and Pension Plan
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.