AME Crew Chief
Posted: July 24, 2018
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
As the Crew Chief, you are responsible to the VP Maintenance, in addition to the responsibility of ACA (Aircraft Certification Authority).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position would be responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, performing the following range of duties:
- Quality assurance of the work performed and the timely completion of work (ref: AWM 573.207) by personnel on their crews.
- Identify and report abnormal occurrences as defined by CAR 625 Appendix G (all maintenance shall be performed using the methods, techniques, practices, parts, materials, tools, equipment, and test apparatus specified by the manufacturer of the aeronautical product.
- Review scheduled and unscheduled maintenance required and assigns tasks to personnel on their crew.
- Ensure that dispatch procedures, as per the applicable Maintenance Control Manual (MCM), are followed with respect to maintenance activities.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with M1 and/or M2 rating
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Willing to take initiative to make personal and organizational improvements
- Working knowledge of Airworthiness manual
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Able to effectively train and develop personnel within their crew
- Able to lead crew to desired results in an effective manner
- Basic computer skills
- Leadership Development Training
- Aboriginal and Cultural Awareness Training
- Professional Development Courses
We offer a Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes: Industry Competitive Wages, Medical and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, Travel Benefits with various International Air Carriers, an Employee Share Purchase Plan and Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.