Assistant Station Manager
Posted: May 3, 2018
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Assistant Station Manager is responsible to provide strong leadership and daily office administrative support to the Station Agents, working closely with the Station Manager and all station agents as well as the Northern Stations Department. The Assistant Station Manager is also responsible in providing assistance to the Station Manager in overseeing all activities out of the station and act as the direct supervisor to agents in the Station Managers absence. The Assistant Station Manager is also responsible to ensure all customers visiting the Station, or via phone with inquiries and/or complaints is handled in both a friendly and professional manner ensuring customer service standards are met and/or exceeded. The Assistant Station Manager is a member of the Northern Stations Department.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Provide assistance and support to the Station Manager
- Assist in the Coaching and mentoring of Station Agents
- Assist in overseeing all activities out of the station, make sure the duties are carried out properly by the agents
- Check-in passengers, write up airway bills and make sure all necessary paperwork is ready for flight time.
- Provide courteous, prompt, accurate and careful handling of customer baggage, airfreight (continuous lifting, loading/unloading, sorting and transfer of baggage and freight)
- Ensure all equipment, outdoor and office, is in proper working condition
- Ensure all agents are complete their assigned daily duties, i.e., inspection checklists, fuel reports, quad checks (where applicable) etc.
- Adhere to and ensures agents are aware of Perimeters Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to and operates within safety policies, procedures and practices, attending requisite safety training
- Ensure that all ADSes are completed and submitted to accounting in a timely matter.
- Provide positive leadership and ongoing support to the overall station, working closely with and having constant communications with Flight Crew personnel, and station staff
- Provide assistance to ramp or check-in staff when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Education and Experience
- Customer Service experience
- Knowledge of Skyline computer system preferred
- Basic understanding of mathematics
- Communication skills are necessary
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility, with demonstrated interpersonal skills allowing one to adapt to a fast paced working environment
- Ability to problem solve by offering suggestions on ways to perform tasks better
- Time management skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and work well with others
- Working knowledge with office equipment i.e. fax machines, debit machines, computers etc.
- Must possess valid driver’s license where motorized equipment is available
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.