Avionics Heavy/Line Technician
Posted: September 30, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Avionics Line Technician performs a variety of routine/non routine tasks that ensure that work performed in the Avionics Shop or on aircraft is carried out in accordance with applicable standards of Airworthiness.
- Have good interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Adaptable to the needs of both Heavy and Line Maintenance
- Strive to improve interdepartmental efficiency and communication
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills with strong attention to detail
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Set up and operate necessary calibrated test equipment.
- Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Have basic understanding of avionics manuals, technical publications and aircraft systems.
- Inform the Avionics Quality Manager of defects found in aircraft or avionics products and systems.
- Perform repairs, rebuilds, installs, troubleshooting, modifications and testing of avionics systems and components as assigned.
- Familiar with aircraft models and types prior to engaging in assigned job tasks.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Understand and apply applicable safety procedures.
- Work well with avionics-related tools.
- Possess a professional, responsive, respectful, positive work attitude and a high level of commitment to on-time performance.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Obtain or show initiative to work towards obtaining an “E” License
- Ability to qualify for WAA (Winnipeg Airport Authority Security clearance) RAIC pass
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
- Work in a shop environment with full range of movement (flexibility) required
- Extended periods of standing, crouching and kneeling in an aircraft
- Fast-paced environment, constraining deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Periods of heavy lifting up to a maximum of 100lbs
- Shiftwork may be required (day, evening, and/or night shift)
- Travel required
- Outside work required, all seasons
- Use of PPE required
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.