Avionics Line Technician
Posted: October 10, 2018
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Avionics Line Technician performs a variety of routine/non routine tasks that ensure that work performed on aircraft is carried out in accordance with applicable standards of Airworthiness.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Set up and operate necessary calibrated test equipment.
- Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Have basic understanding of avionics manuals, technical publications and aircraft systems.
- Inform the Avionics Manager of defects found in aircraft or avionics products and systems.
- Perform repairs, rebuilds, installs, troubleshooting, modifications and testing of avionics systems and components as assigned.
- Familiar with aircraft models and types prior to engaging in assigned job tasks.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Understand and apply applicable safety procedures.
- Work well with avionics related tools.
- Possess a professional, responsive, respectful, positive work attitude and a high level of commitment to on-time performance.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
- Currently possess a valid AME “E” License, Preference given to those with a Dash 8 endorsement
- Or a current AME “E” 2nd year apprentice, showing initiative to work towards obtaining an “E” License
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to qualify for WAA (Winnipeg Airport Authority Security clearance)RAIC pass
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.