Avionics Support Shop Technician
Posted: September 30, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Avionics Support Shop Technician performs a variety of routine tasks to ensure repair shop quality standards are met while repairing, calibrating, testing and troubleshooting complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level.
- Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Solid Interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to maintain positive lasting relationships with all departments, business partners and customers.
- Constantly strive to improve and support positive communications with all levels and disciplines within the company
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Must have experience working at a bench setting on electronics/avionics, and have the ability to troubleshoot to the component level.
- Set up and operate necessary test equipment. Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability
- Analyze and repair aircraft avionics systems such as Nav, Com, Transponder, DME, GPS, and Autopilot to the sub-assembly level utilizing aircraft & avionic manufacturer’s prints, maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Repair or replace defective components and wiring and perform necessary work to ensure installations meet conformity. Troubleshoot and repair systems using acceptable practices.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning/adjustments of electronic/electrical components and associated equipment on the bench.
- Able to create detailed work summaries and to assist on quotes for customers
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma required
- Capacity to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing
- Minimum three years’ experience in the Avionics repair sector or related field or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education in Avionics/Electronics preferred but not required
- Ability to demonstrate extreme competence in troubleshooting and repairing electronic components
- Ability to understand and apply manufacturer’s repair manuals as well as engineering and FAA bulletins
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Office required
- Must pass a controlled goods security check
- Ability to qualify for RAIC, Winnipeg Airport Authority Ramp Pass (WAA)
- Valid Class 5 Manitoba Drivers’ license required
- Must have a Valid Passport
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
- Work in a shop environment with full range of movement (flexibility) required
- Extended periods of standing, crouching and kneeling in an aircraft
- Fast-paced environment; Constraining deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Periods of heavy lifting up to a maximum of 100lbs
- Shiftwork may be required (day, evening and/or night shift)
- Travel required
- Outside work required, all seasons
- Use of PPE required
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.