Business Development Manager
Corporate Business Development
Posted: April 28, 2021
Deadline: May 12, 2021
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
Business Development Manager(s) are responsible to build, strengthen and grow corporate customer relationships, with a focus on revenue growth and service delivery enhancement.
Working collaboratively with other Business Development Manager(s) and departments, including Charters, Commercial, Cargo, Marketing, Flight Operations and Finance, the Business Development Manager works collaboratively with colleagues and acts as the single point of contact with assigned key customers.
Through effective communication, Business Development Manager(s) identify and inform customers of innovative, efficient and cost-effective solutions that satisfy their air transportation and logistical needs. Using this customer service centric model, the Business Development Manager(s) build strong long-term relationships that deliver Corporate financial, market share, and other performance growth targets.
The Business Development Manager(s) are responsible managing all aspects of customer interactions including responding to requests, preparing proposals, negotiations, conflict resolution and customer partnerships incentive programs.
- Solution oriented, clear and effective customer-centric communicator, with ability to identify, assess and de-escalate difficult or complex situations
- Demonstrated leader with ability to build long-term relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Innovative and critical thinker who can identify and effectively communicate solutions that exceed customer expectations within Corporate financial targets
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower teams to challenge status quo, by actively and visibly sponsoring change, fostering innovation, embracing simplicity, optimism and a positive mindset
- “Can do” and “Will do” self-starter who contributes in a fast-paced environment
- Of sound judgement to make and be accountable to difficult business decisions that balance customer service expectations with Corporate fiscal targets
- Promotes organizational mission and goals who leads through example and influences positive workplace culture promoting organizational objectives
- Embraces technology innovation to create efficiencies, improve productivity and enhance customer experience
- Analytical and detail-oriented professional who is able to manage multiple priorities and who thrives under pressure
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Key Account Sectors assignment, may include, but not limited to:
- Government agencies, including but not limited to:
- Health Canada
- Canada Post
- First Nation leadership and social program administrators
- Nutrition North vendors and partners
- Public sector agencies
- Corporate charter, passenger and cargo customers
- Government agencies, including but not limited to:
- Key Account Management responsibilities include:
- Managing client end-to-end including engagement, account setup, regular communications and contract renewal
- Managing client contracts including developing estimates, proposals, contracts and agreements, and maintaining client agreement database CRM for active tracking of renewals, expiry and annual increases
- Monitoring operational delivery to ensure execution meeting customer service expectations
- Monitor account receivables and fiscal performance
- Work collaboratively with other departments to identify and rectify service performance issues
- Track and trend account information and performance to identify opportunities for future growth and development
- Meet regularly (quarterly) with key account customers to review operational performance and growth opportunities
- Manage all customer interactions, particularly with respect to irregular operations, service performance, fiscal performance or other customer service-related inquiries and issues
- Manage commercial incentive agreements
- Business Development responsibilities include:
- Identify new opportunities, sectors, or clients to promote growth in charters, cargo and other business clients including through attendance of trade-shows
- Prepare comprehensive RFP responses including proposal writing and developing accurate and detailed pricing tables
- Work collaboratively to identify new and innovative services and opportunities that will disrupt competitors and increase revenue and market share, with specific attention to Charter and Cargo
- Develop and present marketing proposals and other sales materials and business plans to present to existing/prospective customers on new opportunities
- Develop and implement customer service relationship management procedures and policies in line with industry best practices
- Identify and develop strategic third-party partnerships and other collaborative business relationship to execute on short and long-term growth objectives
- Monitor and analyze competitive environment, including destinations, rates, customers with focus on growth opportunities
- Develop and maintain close and long-lasting relationship with key clients, including First Nation Community leaders and Organizations
- Oversee special corporate marketing events including Bomber program and community BBQs
- Effectively communicate ideas through proposals and presentations
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager
Education and Experience
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Business, Marketing, or Communications
- Minimum five years of industry experience
- Minimum three years of industry appropriate experience
- Must be able to obtain and retain a WAA RAIC
- First Nations Awareness and/or cultural diversity training
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel
- Highly proficient in the use of CRM applications
- Exceptional organizational, multitasking and business analytical skills required
- Fast pace and high energy environment; contact with staff and the public
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Travel required, including to northern stations
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.