Cargo Claims Agent
Posted: July 8, 2019
Deadline: July 17, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Claims Agent’s primary function is to take all calls, emails and faxes regarding claims and gather as much information as possible to investigate and report back to the customer with a resolution. The role of the Claims Agent is to resolve any claims issues while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently, showing initiative and resourcefulness
- “Can do” and “Will do” attitude and ability to personally contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Possess and apply business acumen; demonstrate excellent judgment, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accountable, adaptable and a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Proven time management skills and good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization
- Ability to deal with confidential information and documentation with discretion, sensitivity, and tact
- Effective leadership skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, confidentially, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Obtaining information from claimants/clients
- Interviewing claimants, agents and business clients
- Collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim
- Providing advice on making a claim and the process involved
- Recommending claim action
- Monitoring the process of a claim
- Identifying reasons why full payment may not be made
- Ensuring fair settlement of valid claims
- Investigating potentially fraudulent claims
- Handling any complaints associated with a claim
- Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company
- Maintaining records, reports and files
- Maintaining company claims log
- Daily submission of the ADS report
- Resetting missed pieces of freight
- Quoting customers with rates for shipments of freight
- Following up with client concerns
- Customer service/complaints
- Assisting with Director of Cargo/Assistant Director of Cargo
- Assisting with Receiving Agents
- Assisting with Customer Care/Customer Care Managers
- Assisting with Accounting and Payroll depts.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service experience
- Must be able to qualify for a WAA RAIC
- Must have a valid class 5 Manitoba driver’s license
- Previous warehouse and/or Ramp experience is considered an asset
- Transport Canada Dangerous Goods knowledge considered an asset
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
- Travel may be required
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@Perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.