Charter Lead for Charter Connexions
Posted: March 4, 2019
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Established in 2016, Charter Connexions is a logistics solution for customers of the Charter departments of Calm Air, Keewatin Air, Perimeter Aviation and Bearskin Airlines. With the main focus on enhancing our customers’ experience in their air chartering experience, we also want to ensure better asset management, access to different aircraft, ease of flight details coordination, and most especially improved customer care.
We want the air charter experience to be easy and seamless for our clients. We also work closely with Custom Helicopters, PAL Airlines and Wasaya Airways, our sister companies, to coordinate flights with them in other locations across Canada.
We are seeking a diverse candidate to join Connexions in the position of Charters Lead.
The Charters Lead will report to the Manager Corporate Charters.
The Charter Lead is responsible for all aspects of charter flight quoting, planning and execution. The Leads are responsible for handling customer requests from start to finish, including the final invoicing for all charter flights out of Winnipeg, Thompson, Churchill and remote bases.
All charter department staff work extensively with flight followers, dispatch, flight ops management, cargo/ramp staff, customer care and the customer service teams at each individual company.
Before every charter, Charter Leads prepare a package that includes customer and trip information. This package is given to pilots and ops staff to ensure that trip requirements and details are clearly communicated.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Answering customer inquiries about charter flights
- Making charter quotes for new and existing customers
- Coordination with operations and crew scheduling to schedule charter flights
- Preparing detailed charter packages prior to charter departures
- Providing assistance to flight crews and ground staff to ensure smooth charter operations
- Arranging accommodations for flight crews
- Preparing charter commissary and catering
- Checking in passengers at the Charter/FBO terminal
- Basic flight status monitoring and ongoing communication with customers through the course of a trip
- Maintaining charter files for current and future customers
- Demonstrating a cooperative and positive attitude while working on all job tasks and providing assistance to others when needed
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Manager
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 education required
- Knowledge of Aviation/Airline products and services considered an asset
- Professional, responsive, with a positive work attitude, superior interpersonal skills, and a high level of commitment to on-time performance are essential
- Strong knowledge of general office policy/procedures involving travel arrangements, budget management and reports
- Superior verbal and written skills to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Superior typing with the ability to ensure proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and formatting of moderately complex correspondence
- Proficient, hands-on experience with productivity applications, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required
- Resourcefulness and flexibility
- Experience in handling confidential or sensitive information
- Able to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and provide sound judgement
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
- Able to qualify for Winnipeg Airport Authority Ramp Pass (WAA)
- Able to qualify for a Justice Security Screening clearance
- Highly flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Possess excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Charter Connexions’ hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Charter Connexions does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.