Posted: October 4, 2019
Deadline: October 11, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
Reporting directly to the Director of Flight Operations, the Chief Pilot is responsible for the professional standards and supervision of the Flight Crews.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently, shows initiative and resourcefulness
- “Can do” and “Will do” attitude and ability to personally contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Accountable, adaptable and a self-starter
- Strong planning and detail-oriented
- Operationally savvy who will thrive in a continuous improvement environment
- Able to adapt to a dynamic environment
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Effective leadership skills, with strong focus on operations and business processes
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization
- Ability to train, coach, develop and mentor staff effectively
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop of standard operating procedures for aircraft operated with two pilots
- Accept responsibility to Transport Canada for all required approved training programs for the flight crew
- Issue and organize all directives and notices to the Flight Crew as required
- Operational suitability and requirements of all aerodromes and routes served by the Company
- Action and distribute accident, incident, and other occurrence reports
- Process and action flight crew reports
- Delegate/monitor line checks, line indoc and LOFT
- Ensure that Safety is present in all decisions and/or actions
- Maintain an active role in the development and maintenance of the Safety Management Systems (SMS) including the performance of risk management functions, as well as ensure its correct and ongoing adherence to by all flight crew members reporting to the Chief Pilot
- Perform all and assume any responsibilities as delegated by the Operations Manager
Education and Experience
- Chief Pilot’s personal record in relation to aviation shall not include:
- Any conviction under subsection 7.3 (1) of the Aeronautics Act; or
- Two (2) or more convictions, occurring during separate unrelated events, under the Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Hold a valid Airline Transport Flight Crew License (aeroplanes) with a valid Group 1 Instrument Rating
- Hold a type rating for at least one of the types of aeroplanes (as applicable)
- Have at least three years of experience as PIC of an aircraft operating under subpart 705
- Be qualified in accordance with the Company’s training program as PIC on one of the types operated; demonstrate knowledge with respect to the content of the Company Operations manual, Flight Crew Training Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, Company Check Pilot Manual, and the provisions of the regulations and standards necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Basic computer skills
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 25lbs may be required
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@Perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.