Commercial Operations Coordinator
Posted: August 1, 2019
Deadline: August 30, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Commercial Operations Coordinator is responsible to share operational information with key stakeholders in Winnipeg, Thompson, Sioux Lookout and Northern Stations. This role ensures that customers are also informed about any relevant information regarding their flight by ensuring that the stakeholders possess up-to-date, accurate and reliable information at all times.
Additionally, the Commercial Operations Coordinator will gather passenger load and other service requirement data and will participate and contribute with the Operations department in the development of plans to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained.
The Commercial Operations Coordinator holds as a priority the well-being and satisfaction of Perimeter Aviation external customers, and will activate plans to ensure that customers are looked after in the event of service disruptions or delays.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize actions based on a highly dynamic environment.
- Problem solving abilities that come naturally and effortlessly.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – interact positively with all stakeholders.
- Superior time management by effectively organizing and planning assignments.
- Ability to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challengers or obstacles.
- Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with all departments, business partners and customers.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- High respect and regard to First Nations culture and needs.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Communicate with each Northern Station throughout the day to monitor the passenger loads to YWG, YTH, YXL and share this information effectively with Ops and the Duty Manager.
- Represent the Commercial Services Division during the decision-making process in the SOCC regarding:
- Delay flights to accommodate late check-in passengers
- Dispatch extra flight to accommodate passengers (northbound or southbound)
- Cancel flights due to operational reasons
- Reroute flights
- Adjust seat capacity on flights
- Any other operational decision that may impact customer satisfaction
- Update the notes in Amelia for each one of the flights during the scheduled work day. Information must be updated on a regular interval (15 minutes) on all flights that may be experiencing delays, rerouting, extra stops or any other unscheduled event.
- Send passengers updated flight information via email/text for flight delays longer than 30 minutes.
- Send passengers updated flight information via email/text for flight cancellations.
- Send email notification to Health Canada MB and ONT with flight cancellation information.
- Ensure interline passengers make connecting flights. If passengers miss connecting flights, make arrangements with passengers and/or carriers to ensure that the passenger makes final destination.
- Communicate with sister company/interline when capacity needs to be decreased or increased.
- Communicate with sister company/interline when delays are present and passengers may miss connection.
- Collect and share all applicable information generated in SOCC with the appropriate Northern Station staff, ensure the information is transmitted clearly and promptly.
- Coordinate, monitor and authorize compensation and meals for passengers throughout the entire system when needed and according to company guidelines.
- Identify passenger requirements, create flight blocks based on future forecasted loads i.e. routes that need more/less capacity to maximize customer service and efficiency.
- Monitor and assess passenger loads and organize aircraft requirements to maximize customer service and efficiency.
- Assigning of aircraft to flight blocks and maximizing aircraft utilization to avoid standby instances.
- Consult with SOCC and Duty Manager to determine equipment suitability based on airport conditions.
- Process side trip requests. Coordinate with Duty Manager side trips following company guidelines. Arrange and communicate the ticketing process with applicable Northern Stations staff and with the customer.
- Monitor Amelia for double bookings; cancel any double bookings as per company guidelines.
- Assist with creating flight blocks for passengers due to cancelled flights ensuring prompt response to cancellations to minimize customer inconvenience.
- Monitor the OPS Board, consulting and communicating with all departments to ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate positive and respectful teamwork by providing ongoing support and assistance to the overall System Operations Control Centre, understanding how your performance may affect the Operations Department.
- Demonstrate positive and friendly customer service.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude while working on all job tasks and provide assistance to others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma or the equivalent
- Amelia or other airline reservation computer system expertise
- Computer skills essential (Word, Excel, Power/Point, Outlook, Internet Explorer etc.), Safety Operating Procedures (SOP), Related Procedures, Operating software etc.
- Able to qualify for Winnipeg Airport Authority Ramp Pass (WAA) ramp pass
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.