Posted: June 6, 2019
Deadline: June 13, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
As Crew Planner (703/704/705/FA) it is imperative to have an excellent knowledge of certain regulations that pertain to the position. It is their duty to create monthly crew schedules in accordance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations and the applicable Collective Agreements. Reporting to the SOCC Manager, the Crew Planner (703/704/705/FA) is responsible for meeting daily and monthly crewing needs based on the demands of the business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop flight crew schedules for all pilots and flight attendants including vacation requests, in accordance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations and the applicable Collective Agreements
- Recognize crew roster deficiencies and work with the Human Resources department and Chief Pilots to post position bids
- Liaise with all Flight Operations departments regarding crew planning and scheduling
- Release flight crews’ monthly bid as per the applicable Collective Agreement
- Advise Flight Ops Management when the monthly bid period has opened and the Flight Crew schedules have been released
- Discuss any charters with all applicable departments
- Must be available after hours for the occasional crewing adjustments – company phone will be provided
- Involved in the payroll process for pilots and flight attendants
- Initial orientation with pilots coming out of Training
- Monitor and track shift changes, sick days and vacations
- Organize travel and accommodations for Dash 8 crew while away from base (except for Metro training purposes)
- Perform all other duties, and assume any responsibilities, as delegated by the SOCC Manager, Operations Manager and/or Chief Pilots
Education and Experience
- Experience working directly within a Flight Operations department considered an asset
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Ability to qualify for a WAA (Winnipeg Airport Authority) RAIC security clearance
- Intermediate computer skills
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Overtime as required
- May be required to lift or move up to 25lbs
- Physical location of position is only accessible via flight of stairs
- Office environment
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to mailto:HRAdvisor@Perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.