DHC-8 Endorsed AME – YTH
Posted: July 27, 2020
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s primary responsibilities would include but are not limited to servicing, inspecting, repairing and performing mechanical maintenance to an aircraft before it is considered airworthy.
- Mechanical aptitude, trainable
- Strong knowledge of basic hand tools
- Ability to respond in a controlled and quick manner in a dynamic and changing environment
- Professional, responsive, and respectful with a positive work attitude and a high level of commitment to on-time performance is essential
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and provide sound judgment
- Proven time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft.
- Marshal and tow aircraft.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Work indicated by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- M2 License required
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to qualify for WAA (Winnipeg Airport Authority Security clearance) RAIC pass
- Indigenous Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
- Work in a shop environment with full range of movement (flexibility) required
- Extended periods of standing, crouching and kneeling in an aircraft
- Fast-paced environment
- Constraining deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Periods of heavy lifting up to a maximum of 100lbs
- This position has the potential of either day, evening or night shift as required
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.