Director, Customer Services
Posted: April 26, 2021
Deadline: May 24, 2021
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Director, Customer Services is a key strategic and operational leadership role responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer service, continuous improvement, and the strategic development of operational requirements, processes and policies to ensure positive service outcomes for customers in the scheduled passenger revenue sector.
The Director, Customer Services provides mentoring and support and works closely with Managers to ensure that business plans are met and that customers receive seamless and high-quality service at all times.
The Director, Customer Services embraces Perimeter’s culture of safety and customer satisfaction, ensuring that staff members are actively participating in the Company’s Safety Management System.
- Solution oriented, clear and effective customer-centric communicator, with ability to identify, assess and de-escalate difficult or complex situations.
- Demonstrated leader with ability to build long-term relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Innovative and critical thinker who can identify and effectively communicate solutions that exceed customer expectations within Corporate targets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower teams to challenge status quo by actively and visibly sponsoring change, fostering innovation, embracing simplicity, optimism and a positive mindset.
- “Can do” and “Will do” self-starter who contributes in a fast-paced environment.
- Of sound judgement to make and be accountable to difficult business decisions that balance customer service expectations with Corporate fiscal targets.
- Promotes organizational mission and goals who leads through example and influences positive workplace culture promoting organizational objectives.
- Embraces technology innovation to create efficiencies, improve productivity and enhance customer experience.
- Analytical and detail-oriented professional who can manage multiple priorities and who thrives under pressure.
- High respect, understanding and regard to Indigenous culture and needs.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead and develop a senior operational management team to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures.
- Responsible and accountable to maintain consistent customer services practices and policies as they related to Perimeter passenger services.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring full regulatory compliance with the Canadian Transportation Agency, Canadian Aviation Regulations and AOSH.
- Manage the passenger screening security contractor services to ensure consistency and effectiveness in the security screening practices.
- Work with Client relations and sales staff to optimize existing and new Client profitability and improve customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical, operational direction and support to department Managers, answer questions and handle customer inquiries or complaints escalated by Managers.
- Create a respectful environment that stimulates growth and encourages employees to realize their maximum potential and encourages professional development.
- Work with Department Managers in developing and updating as needed, standard operating procedures and policy documents owned by the Customer Services Division.
- Monitor and maintain a culture where efficiency, good customer service and on-time performance are actively present and supported by all staff within the Customer Services Division.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly department budgets and ensure that budget targets are met.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining thorough knowledge of relevant Perimeter Aviation LP policies and procedures on internal control and risk management and consistently apply them, ensuring his or her staff applies them as well.
- Responsible and accountable for complying with the duties and responsibilities outlined in the SMS manual for the “Department Managers”.
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of industry experience.
- Minimum three years in a Managerial role.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a WAA RAIC.
- Indigenous and/or cultural diversity training and asset.
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Exceptional organizational skills and multitasking required.
- Travel is required, including overnight travel.
- Work on call outside of regular office hours as required.
- Extended periods of sitting and desk work.
- Fast pace and high energy environment; contact with staff and the public.
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.