Director of Maintenance Programs
Posted: February 28, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Director of Maintenance Programs is responsible to the V.P. Maintenance. The D.O.M. Programs shall strive to meet the requirements of the business. This includes ensuring that aircraft reliability and on-time performance meet or exceed current industry standards. The D.O.M Programs shall manage the activities of the approved maintenance organization in accordance with the policies set out.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Maintain the effectiveness of the maintenance control program and determine failure rates and recommend action dependent upon evaluation of analysis results for aircraft operated by Perimeter.
- The development of amendments to Perimeter procedure documents and forms as required by service experience and or manufacturers’ recommendations or amendments as related to the heavy maintenance activities.
- Ensure that all particulars of the heavy maintenance function have been entered in the appropriate logbook.
- Monitor routine inspections, rectification of un-serviceability and the maintenance, repair, overhaul and alterations of all aircraft and aircraft components.
- Monitor the certification of aircraft released for flight.
- Monitor the repair shops on a routine basis.
- Ensure that records for weight and balance amendments, equipment lists, loading data and electrical load analysis are updated as required.
- Ensure that applicable Airworthiness Directives are complied with within the specified time.
- Work closely with the Fleet Management Department monitoring OTP and identify required improvements/mods as required for all aircraft types.
- Coordinate aircraft modification programs with the Fleet/Planning departments.
- Coordinate new aircraft inductions into Perimeter’s fleet.
- Responsible for the Heavy Maintenance, Structures, LMS, Turbine, NDT shops, Engineering.
- Coordinate contract negotiations for 3rd Party Heavy Maintenance and related support.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years relevant professional experience within a large airline organization in progressively more responsible positions.
- Valid AME License.
- Knowledge of airline industry, specifically with regard to flight operations techniques, procedures and regulations (TC, TSB, CTA, ICAO, FAA etc.).
- Excellent PC skills particularly with MS Office programs (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of WinAir.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; additional language skills would be an asset.
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training.
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.