First Officer 703/704
Posted: February 5, 2020
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
Perimeter pilots transport thousands of passengers each year. Whether a first Officer or a Captain, your number one priority is to conduct each flight safely, taking into consideration the comfort of each passenger and on-time performance. The industry regulations change continually and pilots must keep current on all literature. Further, pilots are expected to achieve an intimate mechanical knowledge of the aircraft they fly. All pilots are Transport Canada approved individuals who have met and exceeded the qualification standards for their position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Must have a positive attitude and work well unsupervised
- Be able to handle stressful situations in a calm and effective manner
- Have a team player attitude
- Be conscientious and confident
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conduct flights with strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures, Canadian Aviation Regulations, Aircraft Flight Manual, and the Company Operations Manual;
- Assist the PIC in the management and operation of the flight, including participation in the execution of all cockpit procedures
- Fuel the aircraft
- Provide a thorough pre-flight aeroplane inspection on behalf of the Captain;
- Load and secure cargo and freight
- Brief passengers in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Standard Operation Procedures
- Complete post-flight aeroplane inspections
- Focus on flying skills and knowledge improvement with the intention of one day being ready to assume a Captain position
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
- Commercial Pilot License
- Category 1 Medical
- Current Group 1 Instrument Rating
- Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status
- University/college experience an asset
- Must be fluent in English; additional language is an asset
- Ability to qualify for a WAA (Winnipeg Airport Authority) RAIC security clearance
- Thorough knowledge of aviation regulations
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, up to 14 hour days
- Must be willing to work weekends and statutory holidays
- Travel required
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.