Posted: January 4, 2019
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are seeking diverse candidates to join Perimeter Aviation LP in the position of Flight Nurse/Advanced Care Paramedic – Aeromedical Specialist. We have full time, part time, and casual positions currently available. The Flight Nurse/Advanced Care Paramedic -Aeromedical Specialist will report to the Medical Program Manager and Medevac Operations Manager.
The Flight Nurse/Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) will accompany patients in basic Air Ambulance service. They are to act in direct patient care during the transportation of patients requiring medical attention not available at the sending facility.
The Flight Nurse/ACP works closely with the other members of the crew and flight followers. They must be in constant communication to ensure Medevac transfers are performed efficiently and effectively.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for direct patient care during all aspects of the transportation of patients requiring medical attention not available at the sending facility.
- Work closely with the other members of the crew (pilots), flight followers and other groups also involved in the transfer of patients.
- Maintain constant communication with the different groups internally and externally to ensure Medevac’s are performed efficiently and effectively
- Within this capacity, he/she acts as a representative for Perimeter Aviation LP and reports to the Medical Program Manager, Medevac Operations Manager and the Medical Director.
- Ensure on time performance as it relates to chute time
- Ensure all equipment check lists are completed as per protocol
- Will arrive at work on time and ready to work in Medevac uniform
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Current or able to obtain Manitoba Health Aeromedical Attendant License and maintain license every three years
- Current CRNM or Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) registered in Manitoba.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Current Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Current Pre – Hospital Trauma Life Support Certification (PHTLS)or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC).
- Graduate of a recognized critical care or emergency nursing course, or minimum two years related nursing experience or recognized ACP program.
- Aeromedical Specialist must successfully complete an aeromedical training course approved by the Minister (CAMATA).
- Child Abuse Registry check.
- Criminal Record check.
- Able to obtain RAIC WAA pass
- Enhanced Education and Experience is considered an asset
- Previous Flight Nurse/ACP experience is considered an asset
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
- Travel required
- When on scheduled shift, prearranged residence will be made on the remote base you are assigned to with the crew
- Must adhere to the modified work agreement
- On call 24/7 when you are on shift
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.