Human Resources Assistant
Posted: August 9, 2019
Deadline: August 21, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position is responsible for providing HR support on all personnel matters. Responsible for day-to-day HR duties such as, but not limited to: handling internal/external correspondences, pre-screening interviews, scheduling interviews, reference checks, assisting in new hire onboarding, provide general confidential administrative support, maintain HR personnel files, respond to employee questions and inquiries, preparation of disciplinary letters, and termination letters, WCB correspondence and job postings.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, showing initiative and resourcefulness, and a strong, collaborative team player
- “Can do” and “Will do” attitude and ability to personally contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Possess and able to apply business acumen; demonstrate excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accountable, adaptable and a self-starter
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong planning and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Complete recruitment pre-screens, schedule interviews, prepare interview packages, participate in interviews, complete reference checks, manage new hire documentation, and offer letters.
- Provide assistance to departmental managers for the creation and posting of internal and external job opportunities
- Assist in maintaining and updating external/internal job applicant databases
- Attend job fairs, expos, conferences and recruitment events
- Provide assistance pertaining to employee inquiries such as: complaints, benefit inquiries, STD / LTD processing
- Administration of the employee recognition program
- Assist in ESPP communication and documentation processing
- Maintain Human Resources Management System (HRIS) data entries
- Assist in the completion of Annual Employment Equity Report
- Assist in the preparation of employee disciplinary documentation, termination letters, letters of offer; ensuring requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in preparation of employment letters
- Provide service to internal and external customers on all HR inquiries and requests
- Provide assistance with compiling statistics, special projects and conducting organization research
- Assist with the Employee Referral Program
- Perform all other human resources duties as assigned by HR Manager and/or VP
- Provide ongoing HR support in the absence of the HR Manager
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary education with successful completion of Diploma or Degree in Human Resources preferred or working towards
- 1 to 2 years administration experience in a human resources support role an asset
- Knowledge of recruitment techniques, experience conducting interviews, reference checks
- Experience administering both company and labour policies and procedures
- Experience with maintaining an HRIS systems considered an asset
- Ability to deal with confidential information and documentation with discretion, sensitivity, and tact
- Highly professional, organized and self-directed individual
- Intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to all levels of an organization and possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code considered an asset
- Experience with Benefits Administration
- Experience with WCB administration
- Some travel by flight required to our operational bases in Thompson, Sioux Lookout, Thunder Bay and any of our Northern Stations throughout Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations as well as offsite recruiting and company interested events
- Ability to quality for WAA pass
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.