Line Maintenance Manager
Posted: February 26, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The YWG Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing Perimeter Aviation’s Winnipeg Line Maintenance Department.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Supervision of Line Maintenance staff assigned to their facilities(s).
- Ensure that personnel assigned to their facility are properly instructed regarding the inspection and maintenance methods to be employed.
- Ensure that only appropriately-authorized personnel sign a maintenance release.
- Coordination, supervision and completion of maintenance, repair, and modification of all aeronautical products assigned to their facility.
- Ensure all maintenance functions are accomplished in accordance with appropriate data and the requirements of this manual.
- Assist in parts coordination and requisition.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Coordination and distribution of required parts and Data.
- Coordinate projects with various departments and contractors.
- Active participation in the Safety Management System program and demonstration of knowledge of the employees’ responsibilities regarding safety.
- Advise the PRM, in a timely and accurate manner, if the airworthiness of an aeronautical product is in doubt.
- Ensure that all logs, records, etc. in their possession are maintained accurately and up-to-date and that all information is forwarded to Technical Records Control in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate information to the PRM for special Flight Authorities and in the completion of Service Difficulty Reports when required.
- Initialize maintenance tasks and retrieve data from the computerized maintenance program for use in tracking and forecasting maintenance of the aircraft assigned to the facility.
- Ensure that all maintenance functions are carried out accurately and timely and that all components, parts and material used are certified and/or meet airworthiness standards.
- Take a leading role in assisting the Director of Maintenance in the allocation of manpower and resources to meet major maintenance tasks.
- Adhere to and ensure that personnel assigned to their facility are familiar with and, to the best of their knowledge, adhere to all workplace Safety and Health requirements.
- Ensure that the hangar and workshops are kept neat and orderly. This includes keeping all ground handling equipment and tools in a serviceable state.
- Ensure that ‘on the job’ training is accomplished under the direct supervision of a qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Ensure that all regulatory manuals, technical publications and information assigned to their program are readily available to all personnel involved in that maintenance program.
- Work closely with the Fleet Management Department identifying issues that could affect fleet OTP and Reliability and address as required.
- Maintain the aircraft fleet and ensure serviceability to meet the needs of the business.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma
- Valid AME license
- 10 years’ experience on type
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.