Posted: January 20, 2021
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Maintenance Controller is responsible for supporting the Perimeter Aviation maintenance control system in areas of defect control, maintenance planning and technical dispatch.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Effective critical thinking skills
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Accurate and deadline driven
- Strong attention to detail while also being able to assess issues at a high level
- Willingness to share ideas, find solutions and improvements and support others to be successful
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Oversight and support of the maintenance control system. This includes ensuring all aspects are met to support dispatch of the aircraft.
- Plan and issue work packages to the approved AMO, in order to comply with the applicable maintenance schedule, mandatory airworthiness limitation requirements and deferred defects and troubleshooting.
- Defect control including control of deferred defects in accordance with the MCM
- Support for historical research for defect troubleshooting.
- Ensure work accomplished on the aircraft supports technical dispatch requirements by review of the completed aircraft work prior to dispatch (as described in the MCM).
- Perform QC checks of paperwork to provide oversight of the technical dispatch process
- Full authority to remove aircraft from operational status.
- AOG purchasing support as required.
- Complete maintenance delay reports and distribute
- Apply for MEL extension approvals as required.
- Flight Permit issuance.
- Ensure MSA extensions are properly applied as requested by planning.
- Be the main point of contact for communication between Operations and Maintenance including the coordination to manage defects, AOG
- Support for development and maintaining of the MCM.
- Active participation in the Safety Management System program and demonstration of knowledge of the employee’s responsibilities regarding safety.
- Secondary support for the Quality Assurance program, Reliability program
- Provide training as required
- Support for aircraft maintenance planning
- Coordinate with maintenance and SOCC to manage defects, AOG situations, aircraft and schedule downtime.
- Generate unscheduled task cards from flight line defects as required.
- Send out Aircraft Serviceability Reports
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Valid AME license with appropriate rating and approved training on type(s) assigned.
- Preference given to candidates possessing DHC-8 endorsement and/or SA-226/227 experience
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience
- Must be able to qualify for a WAA RAIC
- Travel may be required
- Shift work
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.