Posted: August 19, 2019
Deadline: September 30, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
A Maintenance Planner’s is primarily responsible for supporting the maintenance control system in areas of maintenance planning, defect control and technical dispatch. The Maintenance Planner will hold a valid AME license with five years aviation experience.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support of the maintenance control system. This includes ensuring all aspects are met to support dispatch of the aircraft.
- Plan and issue work packages to the approved AMO, in order to comply with the applicable maintenance schedule, mandatory airworthiness limitation requirements and deferred defects.
- Generate Tolerance requests as required.
- Research aircraft maintenance requirements and develop workable plan for an efficient and cost effective accomplishment of work.
- Work closely with aircraft scheduling in regards to aircraft routing and required down time to accomplish maintenance activities.
- Liaise with materials management group and maintenance bases to coordinate future maintenance activities.
- Actively participate in repeat snag, heavy maintenance and reliability meetings.
- Work with the Fleet Managers for the efficient implementation of modifications and snag rectification.
- Line maintenance planning activities as assigned.
- Heavy maintenance planning activities as assigned.
- Liaise with outside MROs for contracted maintenance activities.
- Actively monitor completed work for verification that required tasks have been completed in a timely manner and all deferred maintenance items have been planned correctly.
- Support and development of long term heavy maintenance planning schedule
Education and Experience
- Valid AME (M1 or M2) license preferred
- Preference given to candidates possessing DHC-8 endorsement and/or SA-226/227 experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent required
- Verbal and written skills
- Proven time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to qualify for Airport Authority Security clearance
- Ability to work well individually as well as part of a team
- Excellent Problem solving and Decision making skills
- Basic computer skills
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, meeting constraining deadlines
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: HRAdvisor@Perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.