Medevac Dispatcher – YWG
Posted: June 24, 2022
Deadline: August 24, 2022
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the merger with Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees will feel proud of the work they do and the company they work for. We seek employees with a positive attitude in providing excellent service to the communities in our network.
The Medevac Dispatcher provides a flight watch system for all Medevac aircraft and Type B Dispatch operational control of Perimeter 705 aircraft outside of Flight Dispatch hours of operation.
The Medevac Dispatcher is a key component in the overall operation of the Department. The main goal of this position is to coordinate Medevac flights and crews, provide flight following and guarantee on-time performance.
The Medevac Dispatcher, utilizing all of the position resources available, will make the final decision to dispatch a flight with the ultimate goal of maintaining safety, customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
This is a full time position available in Winnipeg, MB.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Exhibit initiative and responsibility, with demonstrated interpersonal skills allowing one to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and provide sound judgment and problem resolution skills
- Effective and efficient multitasking abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is imperative
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and works well with others
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain the daily flight following software, which includes each departure and arrival for every flight as per company policy.
- Ensure that updated information be provided to Crew Scheduling as flights are booked and/or updated.
- Ensure that all flight crew have checked in and/or been notified of their flight schedule in accordance with company policies.
- Possess the ability to make informed decisions without compromising internal policies/procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of department policies/procedures as they relate to flight control and risk, ensuring that they are applied on a consistent and ongoing basis i.e. safety/security standards, on-time performance deadlines.
- Assist with crewing the aircraft as may be required from time to time by the Crew Scheduler.
- Provide flight following to all Perimeter’s flights (scheduled and charters). After hours as required.
- Maintain information, ensuring that AvAIO is updated and accurate in regards to times, delays, comments, flight numbers, etc.
- Interpret available weather data to aid in the decision making to dispatch flights.
- Track all pilots, nurses, and ACP flight and duty times.
- Maintain consistent communication with MTCC regarding status of all medevac aircraft.
- Maintain the daily flight dispatch including preparation of the Operational Flight Plan and the flight watch function of the Type B operational control system of each Perimeter 705 flight, as per company policies.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Company Operations Manual are followed relating to “Type B” Operational control.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma; prior experience in operations and/or flight coordination preferred but not required
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Successful completion of Transport Canada Exams ( FD Ops and FD Met)
- Canadian Radio License (Aeronautical)
- Ability to qualify for WAA (RAIC) Pass
- Ability to read and interpret aviation weather (NAV Canada) an asset
- Strong customer service experience considered an asset
- Computer and database efficiency (AvAIO computer system preferred
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Modified work agreement (7 on/7 off or Monday-Friday)
- Office environment
- Be able to work outside of public transit hours
- Physical location of this position is only accessible via flight of stairs
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.