Posted: February 7, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Medevac Dispatcher provides a flight watch system for all Medevac aircraft and Type B Dispatch operational control of Perimeter 705 aircraft outside of Flight Dispatch hours of operation.
The Medevac Dispatcher is a key component in the overall operation of the Department. The main goal of this position is to coordinate Medevac flights and crews, provide flight following and guarantee on-time performance.
The Medevac Dispatcher, utilizing all of the position resources available, will make the final decision to dispatch a flight with the ultimate goal of maintaining safety, customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Maintain the airline management software, which includes but is not limited to, each departure and arrival for every flight as per company policy.
- Ensure that updated information is provided to Crew Scheduling as flights are booked and/or updated.
- Ensure that all flight crew have checked in and/or been notified of their flight schedule in accordance with company policies.
- Possess the ability to make informed decisions without compromising internal policies/procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of department policies/procedures as they relate to flight control and risk; ensuring they are applied on a consistent and ongoing basis, i.e. safety/security standards, on-time performance deadlines.
- Assist with crewing the aircraft as may be required from time to time by the Crew Scheduler.
- Provide flight following to all Perimeter flights (scheduled and charters). After hours as required.
- Interpret available weather data to aid in the decision-making to dispatch flights.
- Track all pilots, nurses, and ACP flight and duty times.
- Maintain consistent communication with MTCC regarding status of all medevac aircraft.
- Maintain the daily flight dispatch including preparation of the Operational Flight Plan & the flight watch function of the Type B operational control system of each Perimeter 705 flight as per company policies, when required.
- Ensure all aspects of the Company Operations Manual are followed relating to “Type B” Operational control.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma; prior experience in operations and/or flight coordination preferred but not required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Successful completion of Transport Canada Exams (FD Ops and FD Met)
- Canadian Radio License (Aeronautical) required
- Ability to qualify for WAA (RAIC) Pass
- Ability to read and interpret aviation weather (NAV Canada) an asset
- Strong customer service experience considered an asset
- Computer and database efficiency
- Airline management software considered an asset
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.