Part-time Aircraft Groomer – Thompson
Posted: September 27, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Aircraft Groomer’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the inside of the aircraft is cleaned, adhering to Perimeter’s safe and sanitary cleaning procedures.
In between times when there are no aircraft requiring cleaning, the Aircraft Groomer may be responsible to perform other job duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager.
- Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Possess “Can do” and “Will do” attitude and ability to personally contribute in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Perform required cleaning on interior and exterior of aircraft, adhering to Perimeter’s policy and standards, maintaining knowledge in the safe and correct use of all required cleaning chemicals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 10 education required.
- Class 5 License required.
- Minimum 6-12 months general janitorial cleaning and customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate proper cleaning and floor care techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment usage and safety practices in all procedures.
- Mechanical knowledge and ability required to carry out general maintenance on hangar and equipment.
- Must provide own basic hand tools.
- Contact with staff and the public.
- Physical work including but not limited to: bending, twisting, reaching, walking, squatting and lifting
- Comfortable working outdoors in all climate conditions.
- Fast pace in order to meet service level requirements of the airline.
- Safety equipment when and where required, e.g. hearing protection, safety vest, safety footwear.
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.