Passenger Experience Supervisor – YWG
Posted: August 19, 2022
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the merger with Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees will feel proud of the work they do and the company they work for. We seek employees with a positive attitude in providing excellent service to the communities in our network.
The Passenger Experience Supervisor is responsible to engage and interact with all passengers within the Terminal. This person will be responsible to communicate and explain specific operational impacts to our customers and be present in the terminal to interact with our passengers and create strong relationships.
Additionally, the Passenger Experience Supervisor will gather passenger feedback and other service requirement data and report it up to the Comm Ops and Northern stations Leadership. This position will also participate and contribute with the Operations department in the development of plans to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained.
The Passenger Experience Supervisor holds as a priority the well-being and satisfaction of Perimeter Aviation customers travelling in and out of communities for medical and personal travel and will communicate plans to ensure that customers are looked after in the event of service disruptions or delays.
This position is located in Winnipeg (YWG) Manitoba.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Outgoing, approachable, and able to relate to all people.
- Strong communicator who can relay messages while understanding and empathizing with customers.
- Highly flexible with the ability to multitask and prioritize actions based on a highly dynamic environment.
- Problem-solving abilities that come naturally and effortlessly.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – interact positively with all stakeholders in a diverse working environment.
- Must possess strong conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Superior time management by effectively organizing and planning assignments.
- Ability to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challengers or obstacles.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with all departments, business partners and customers.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- High respect, regard, and understanding of Indigenous culture and needs.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Engage and interact with all passengers in the Terminal building.
- Communicate with our customers from the First Nations communities regarding:
- Delayed flights to acceptance of late check-in passengers
- Our ability to dispatch extra flights to accommodate passengers
- Cancelled flights due to operational reasons
- Rerouted flights and the reasoning behind it
- Adjusted seat capacity on flights
- Any other operational decision that may impact customer satisfaction
- Communicate compassionately and regularly with passengers within terminal when flights are delayed or cancelled.
- Collect and share all applicable operational/customer impacting information with the appropriate Comm Ops and Northern Stations leadership and ensure that the information is transmitted clearly and promptly.
- Coordinate, monitor and authorize compensation and meals for passengers in the Winnipeg terminal when needed and according to company guidelines.
- Identify passenger needs and address them accordingly.
- Demonstrate positive and respectful teamwork by providing ongoing support and assistance to the overall Operational team, understanding how your performance may affect the Operations Department.
- Demonstrate positive and friendly customer service.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude while working on all job tasks while aiding our customers and Customer Service Agents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer etc.).
- Familiar with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and ability to apply them to various situations.
- Able to qualify for and maintain a Winnipeg Airport Authority RAIC Pass (WAA).
- Indigenous Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity Training.
- Fluent in at least one of any of the Manitoba First Nations languages such as Cree, Dene, Ojibwe, Oji-Cree.
- Operational setting
- May be required to stand for several hours a day
- Interaction with the public
- Manual dexterity required for computer and telephone usage
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.