Passenger Service Agent YSB
Posted: February 14, 2020
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Passenger Service Agent’s primary responsibility is to serve the general public in a pleasant, respectful manner from the reservations process to passenger check-in through to boarding the flight or accepting cargo.
The incumbent generally works shifts of various lengths in one of three work stations with some flexibility of working hours (e.g. part time). May encounter difficult weather conditions while walking to and from stations and also some heavy lifting may be required.
All duties are to be carried out safely and the PSA is responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by consistently following all rules, regulations, and prescribed work methods and, where necessary, reporting all unsafe or unhealthy conditions to a Supervisor or Health and Safety Committee Representative.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Must have a positive attitude and work well unsupervised
- Be able to handle stressful situations in a calm and effective manner
- Have a team player attitude
- Be conscientious and confident
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Open and close the terminal with duties such as:
- Pick up and return the cash box consisting of a float, count and balance the float and complete sales reports
- Utilize the dispatch radio acting on requests as identified, prepare counter for daily operation: lights, computer, flight manifest, etc. and reverse these duties at the end of the shift
- Ensure that all flight operation duties are completed and report any irregularities
- Answer customer inquiries and complaints in person and on the phone regarding fares, flight schedules, routes and operational requirements with sound judgment, diplomacy and tact
- Compute costs of tickets and issue baggage receipts for customers; collect excess baggage fees, service charges and provide receipts for customers
- Book reservations, compute costs of tickets, issue tickets, balance and complete daily sales reports and submit to the accounting department
- Prepare computerized reports for delayed and damaged baggage; send out accurate flight manifests to accounting on a daily basis
- Handling of passengers’ baggage and/or freight (requires the incumbent to participate in a training session on Dangerous Goods)
- May be required to work unsupervised as well as assume some senior agent or supervisory duties as required; receive and send inbound and outbound freight shipment
- Process pilot paperwork; receive lost and found items off of aircraft, track missing or delayed cargo/freight
- Fax flight manifests three times daily; responsible for the acceptance of dangerous goods; requisition supplies and materials
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- College diploma in Travel and Tourism or a minimum of 1 year of related experience (preferred)
- 1-2 years Customer Service experience
- Computer and data entry skills required to work with reservation system
- Must be fluent in English; additional languages are an asset
- Must have flexible availability and be able to work a variety of shifts
- Must be willing to work weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be able to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Pass in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.