Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) – YWG
Posted: November 1, 2022
Deadline: November 20, 2022
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the merger with Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees will feel proud of the work they do and the company they work for. We seek employees with a positive attitude in providing excellent service to the communities in our network.
The QAM is delegated by and reports solely to the PRM, to manage the QA Program required by CAR 573.09 and 706.07.
The purpose of the QA program is to provide assurances to the PRM and accountable executive that activities controlled by the Maintenance Policy Manual (MPM) and Maintenance Control Manual (MCM) are effective, and that those activities are conducted in accordance with applicable CAR’s as well as Perimeter approved policies and procedures.
This is a permanent full-time position located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. (YWG)
- Integrity, leadership, and professionalism are key attributes
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with all departments, business partners and customers
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and able to prioritize tasks
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Positive work attitude with goals of continuous improvement
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Possess sensitivity towards cultural awareness and diversity
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain and manage the audit program for compliance to CAR 706 and 573:
- Maintain policies and procedures related to the QA program
- Establish and maintain an audit schedule
- Ensure timely audit completion in accordance with the schedule
- Maintain audit records of compliance and non-compliance
- Maintain and follow procedures for communicating findings to appropriate management.
- Maintain procedures for following up on the effectiveness of corrective action plans
- Arrange an independent objective audit of the QA program once per audit cycle
- Assist QA Auditors with the completion of audits
- Develop and maintain a training program for Quality Assurance Auditors
- Supervise day-to-day activities of Quality Assurance auditors working under the QAM
- Responsible for the Technical Records department and Maintenance Training Coordinator.
Education and Experience
- AME license or successfully passed TC AME CARs exam
- Minimum four years of relevant professional experience within the aviation industry in progressively more responsible positions
- Proficient in Canadian Aviation Regulations applicable to Maintenance
- Sound understanding of safety, risk management, and quality assurance
- Previous auditing experience considered an asset
- Working knowledge and skills using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Minimum corrected typing speed 40 words per minute
- Fairchild Metro and Bombardier Dash 8 aircraft experience an asset
- Ability to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
- Primarily weekdays with standard office hours; however, occasional evenings/ nights or weekends may be required
- Travel may be required to Maintenance sub-bases in Thompson, Manitoba and Sioux Lookout, Ontario on a monthly basis
- Work is primarily performed in an office with occasional shop environment exposure
- Occasional outdoor work in all-weather conditions, loud environment
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.