Ramp Agent Winnipeg – Applicant Pool
Posted: April 15, 2021
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Ramp Agent is responsible to provide strong teamwork to the Cargo Operations department, working closely with Cargo and Ramp staff. Ramp Agents work under the leadership of the Ramp Supervisor to complete ramp and cargo duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Manager, Ramp Operations, the Ramp Agent is a member of the overall Winnipeg Cargo Operations Team.
- Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Possess “Can do” and “Will do” attitude and ability to personally contribute in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Sort, load, and unload baggage, freight, and equipment.
- Tow and marshal aircraft, drive, and fuel equipment, de-ice aircraft, install and uninstall aircraft seats and equipment, service aircraft lavatories, ensure that airside areas are organized and clean.
- Perform physically demanding tasks effectively using the safest and most efficient methods possible.
- Ensure that on time performance policies and procedures are met and adhered to.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude while working on all job tasks and provide assistance to others.
- Motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ensure that customer service standards are met or exceeded.
- Communicate effectively with other Ramp Agents, the Ramp Supervisor, and the Aircraft Load Coordinator to meet deadlines safely and efficiently.
- Monitor customer safety at all times and assist customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Adhere to and operate within safety policies, procedures, and practices, attending and completing all safety training.
- Provide courteous, prompt, accurate and careful handling of customer baggage, airfreight (continuous lifting, loading/unloading, sorting and transfer of baggage and freight).
- Assist Flight Crew with off-loads at various aircraft destinations as assigned.
- Provide positive teamwork and ongoing support to the overall department, working closely with and having constant communications with Operations, Flight Crew personnel, and other ground personnel.
- Provide assistance with ramp set-up and storage of equipment and baggage.
- Complete general warehouse duties, which may include but not limited to completing and verifying manifests, shipping, and receiving, customer services, organizing fridge and freezers, cleaning and organizing the warehouse, operating forklifts, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Managers and Supervisors.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma.
- Previous warehouse and/or Ramp experience is considered an asset.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Forklift license or complete applicable training.
- Cultural Diversity training considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a WAA RAIC.
- Must qualify for and obtain an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit.
- Previous aviation operation experience is considered an asset.
- Work performed in multiple environments, contact with staff and the public.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Comfortable working outdoors in all climate conditions.
- Various shifts and at a fast pace to meet service level requirements of the airline.
- In good general health and able to lift and bend, carrying loads of up to 75lbs.
- Some travel may be required.
- Safety equipment when and where required, e.g. hearing protection, safety vest, and applicable passes.
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.