Ramp Manager YWG
Posted: February 5, 2020
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Ramp Manager has the key role of guaranteeing that YWG Ramp Operations staff are complying with all procedures and duties assigned to their position, with a primary goal of maintaining safety, efficiency and on-time performance.
The Ramp Manager will assist the YWG Cargo Operations, Flight Operations, and other departmental supervisors to ensure a safe, effective and efficient operation that will achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide positive teamwork and ongoing support to the Ramp Department, working closely and overseeing the following positions and their assigned responsibilities: baggage handlers, ramp agents
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation that is positive, friendly and supportive
- Ensure at all times that ramp staff, freight coordinators and cargo receivers are complying with safety policies and regulations, while properly utilizing equipment and materials
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude while working on all job tasks and provide assistance and support to others (e.g. baggage, ramp agent, warehouse positions) when needed and available
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the department, other department supervisors and applicable staff
- Maintain constant communication between yourself, your Manager and coworkers ensuring that teams are informed of updates, changes, procedures etc.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that safety is maintained and efficiency and on-time performance are actively present and supported by all staff
- Ensure that payload capability is maximized and safely loaded aircraft within manufacturer limitations, while ensuring the proper handling and loading of baggage in order to reach the correct destination
- Demonstrate the ability to lead the team towards achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and operational excellence
- Actively participate and offer suggestions and/or recommendations towards department improvements, e.g. attending operational meetings, safety meetings
- Provide support and assistance, and participate in projects for ongoing self-development
- Ensure that all new and existing employees are trained and supplied with necessary security passes
- Ensure that ground support equipment is available and functioning to support operations in CYWG and all other locations
- Implement the efficient and effective use of de-icing programs and employee required responsibilities
- Monitor the proper loading and tracking of seat packs and other equipment
- Comply with all required TC and Perimeter regulations and procedures, ensuring compliance
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility, with demonstrated interpersonal skills allowing one to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Provide assistance and support for any/all disciplinary issues that may arise in the Ramp Department
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Cargo Operations
- Organized and punctual
- Demonstrate and lead by example
- Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Solid interpersonal skills; work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Proactive and self-motivating
- Excellent leadership, supervisory and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving, conflict resolution and effective decision-making skills
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Must possess valid class five (5) driver’s license
- Must qualify for WAA RAIC
- Previous supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Amelia computer system is considered an asset
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training
- Airline experience considered an asset
- Work performed both indoors and outdoors; contact with staff and the public; employee must be able to adapt to all outdoor weather conditions
- Consistent contact with staff and the public
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to carry and operate a radio
- Flexible with hours of work, i.e. evenings, weekends
- Some travel required
- Must be able to use a forklift in a safe manner
- Safety equipment where required (e.g. hearing protection, safety vest, protective footwear and ramp passes when on ramp)
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.