SOCC Duty Manager
Posted: June 11, 2019
Deadline: July 5, 2019
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Duty Manager is responsible for the efficient implementation and communication of the daily scheduled and charter operational plan by directing the available resources. The Duty Manager is to supervise the floor to ensure that workflows, processes and company practices are being followed. The Duty Manager works closely with Charters, Commercial Services and Maintenance to resource plan and allocate resources where needed for the needs of the operation and business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Delegate tasks to employees and ensure that daily duties are completed.
- Achieve operational goals on all flights in concert with the Commercial Services team, applicable Managers and Flight Operations personnel.
- Coordinate a plan of action in IROP scenarios and send out follow-up communication to all required departments.
- Review the operational plan to ensure it’s achievable with the current scheduled and charter flights.
- Identify improvement opportunities observed throughout the shift, ensuring appropriate communication to all that can execute the changes.
- Review the next calendar day plan, crew/aircraft availability, weather and what is required to juggle or rearrange to serve our customers and communities to the best of our ability.
- Continually assess future calendar days and allocate resources required.
- Monitor serviceability and functionality of all ground support systems to ensure operational needs can be met.
- Liaison closely with Cargo Manager, Medevac Manager, Charter Manager Customer Service Manager and delegates to ensure operational demands and customer requirements are met.
- Onsite contact for charter customers, working closely with the Charters team on charter operations, logistics, notifications, bookings and future planning.
- Highly flexible and able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with all departments, business partners and customers.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility, with demonstrated interpersonal skills allowing one to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and provide sound judgment.
- Effective and efficient multitasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are imperative.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, work well within a team environment.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Supervisory skills an asset.
- Ability to qualify for WAA (RAIC) Pass.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working in a team environment
- Able to delegate and confidently develop and execute operational plans with minimal supervision
- Prior success building relationships with internal and external customers an asset
- Two (2) years of experience in the airline industry
- Previous customer service experience
- Able to qualify for a WAA RAIC
- Previous aviation operation experience is considered an asset
- Proficient in developing, planning, implementing targets, goals and delivering as promised
- Transport Canada FD-Ops and FD-Met exams required
- Dispatch and Flight Line experience an asset
- Full time
- Shift work is required: applicants must be available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends on a rotational basis
- Will be required to answer after-hour phone calls
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer peripherals
- Be able to work outside of public transit hours
- Physical location of position only accessible via flight of stairs
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HRAdvisor@Perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.