Posted: October 30, 2018
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Stores Manager works closely with the Director of Purchasing and Inventory Management to manage all levels of inventory ensuring accuracy essential for overall goals of efficiency and profitability of the business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Work closely with the Director of Purchasing to manage all levels of inventory for accuracy such as:
- Attend quarterly inventory counts, and year-end annual inventory count.
- Monitor inventory count / checks, record the areas counted, dates the count was completed and personnel who completed the count.
- Perform weekly random mini stock checks on high-use parts and supplies
- Ensures that the team is keeping with part issues/sign-outs.
- Review all “Slot” parts min 4 times per year. Parts in a slot location more than 3 months old shall be moved to a shelf location.
- Review all inventory locations monthly to ensure parts are not overcrowded on shelves. Areas found to be compromised by overcrowding will be re-arranged.
- If parts are found to be in regular use, move to appropriate shelf location, ensure WinAir status is updated for new location and the part type status has been changed.
- Lead the Winnipeg Stores team to ensure parts received and issued are recorded accurately and completely within Win-Air.
- Assist/guide the team with rotable control.
- Organize stores personnel shifts and work priorities and administrate progressive discipline as required, and payroll submission.
- Ensure all Winnipeg Stores employees are trained, developed and mentored on an ongoing and consistent basis.
- Review regularly the practices, processes and procedures of the stores department to look for ways to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Work with vendors on parts, supplies & pricing issues.
- Work with parts and maintenance customers on sales and service issues.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Purchasing
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diplomas and/or equivalent.
- Knowledge of TSO, Overhaul, Repair terms as they apply to aircraft parts.
- Minimum 3+ years of Aircraft parts department experience including materials and repairs purchasing required.
- Strong WinAir parts program experience including complete knowledge of all stores functions essential.
- Fairchild Metro and DeHavilland and Dash 8 parts department experience including materials and repairs purchasing considered an asset.
- Strong leadership with progressive management experience required.
- Good computer skills for data entry and multi-use of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Fairchild Metro and DeHavilandl and Dash 8 parts department experience including materials and repairs purchasing essential.
- Strong WinAir parts program experience including complete knowledge of all normal stores functions essential.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must qualify for WAA pass.
- Some travel required
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.