Structures Shop Supervisor
Posted: January 10, 2019
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Structures Shop Supervisor is responsible and accountable for ensuring safe and efficient Structures Shop operation while performing sheet metal repairs and fabrications. Reporting directly to the VP Maintenance (PRM), the Structures Shop Supervisor provides direct supervision and leadership to all staff in alignment with company expectations and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Provides supervision within the department to ensure company expectation of performance is clear, appropriate feedback provided and appropriate resources are available to do the assigned work.
- Responsible for the selection, recruitment and training of Structures Shop personnel.
- Supervises staff in the repair, modification and fabrication of various structural related components and systems using prescribed shop tooling, equipment and jigs in compliance with manufacturers and/or reference manuals as they pertain to aircraft.
- Provides direction, estimates and quoting for various avionics installs on company aircraft as well as any 3rd party work but not limited to the EIC group of airlines.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings as assigned by the PRM/DOM and Production Manager.
- Maintain and assist in the annual budget process, along with annual staff reviews and equipment purchases/decisions.
- Work with Perimeter’s Design Department to ensure Perimeter’s needs are being met and in a timely manner.
- Work with Perimeter’s Store Purchasers to ensure sheet metal/structural parts and consumable quantities are of proper stock and ordered IAW priority and need.
- Work with Perimeter’s various maintenance support staff managers (crew chiefs, lead hands, avionics, and heavy maintenance) to ensure job alignment and goals are completed as effectively as possible.
- Comply with and actively promote Perimeter Safety Policies.
- Take part in any CAP’s as necessary when defined by Perimeter’s SMS.
- Take part in correcting any audit findings as identified by Perimeter’s QA Dept.
- Comply with Transport Canada & FAA Structural repair maintenance standards.
- Oversee and fabricate any tooling aids as required.
- Responsible for keeping the sheet metal shop tooling calibrations current.
- Actively participate in productivity and quality improvement programs within the Maintenance Department
- Other duties as assigned by PRM
Education and Experience
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in the Aviation industry
- Minimum six (6) months supervisory experience in Aviation Maintenance
- Ability to demonstrate competency in metal fabrication and design
- Ability to qualify for Winnipeg Airport Authority Ramp Pass (WAA)
- Valid Class five (5) Manitoba driver license
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Previous sheet metal/structural repair experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience in welding and machining skills is considered an asset
- Leadership Development Training
- Aboriginal and Cultural Awareness Training
- Professional Development Courses
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.