Technical Records Clerk
Posted: February 4, 2019
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and North Western Ontario. In addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Technical Records Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all aviation data is recorded and maintained in compliance with Canadian Aircraft regulations and company policies and procedures, including daily collection of aircraft logs and maintenance work, accuracy of records, physically file and maintain hard copies of aircraft flight logs and Maintenance documents.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsibilities and accountabilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following range of duties;
- Audit logsheet reports provided by SOCC
- Upload logsheet reports from SOCC into WinAir
- Ensure that all logsheet data is accurate
- Ensure that computerized maintenance tracking system data is accurate and maintained at all times
- Ensure that all maintenance paperwork complies with regulatory requirements (technical logs, journey logs, task cards, part tags, modifications, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, etc.)
- Audit all maintenance technical records for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to regulations
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Technical Records Supervisor
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma
- Comfortable working with computers, with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and database applications
- Experience working with WinAir Maintenance Planning software, or a similar application
- Minimum 2 years’ technical records experience preferred, but not required
- Familiar with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) preferred, but not required
- Familiar with the ATA system and aircraft maintenance terminology preferred, but not required
- Ability to identify airworthiness requirements preferred, but not required
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.