Thompson Cargo Manager (CYTH)
Posted: July 26, 2018
Established in 1960 and based in Winnipeg and Thompson Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation LP has grown into a diversified airline company with more than 600 employees, operating a fleet of 30+ aircraft in a scheduled air service to Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, in addition to our scheduled passenger and freight service, 24/7 North American charter service, Medical evacuation services and a full service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
The Thompson Cargo Manager provides leadership, direction, operational and technical support to individuals within the Thompson Cargo Department. The individual is the leader of sales and service management within the department and is responsible to coach, mentor and develop a team of employees ensuring all sales and service standards are maintained and policies and procedures are adhered to. The Thompson Cargo Manager provides support, back up and works closely with the Cargo Operations Manager Winnipeg and Customer Service Manager Thompson to ensure business plans are met and that customers receive seamless and high-quality service at all times. The Thompson Cargo Manager embraces Perimeter’s culture of safety and customer satisfaction, ensuring that staff members are actively participating in the Company’s Safety Management System.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
This position is responsible and accountable for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Responsible for providing coaching and mentoring to employees within the department, ensuring service and sales standards are achieved and customer expectations are surpassed.
- Responsible and accountable for preparing and delivering performance plans and reviews for all employees within the Department, ensuring quality customer service is provided, timely and appropriate feedback as well as coaching.
- Responsible for ensuring freight shipping service levels are met out of Thompson.
- Responsible to maintain and update a portfolio of freight customers.
- Responsible to process special promotions and incentives program enrollment requests, maintain and administer customer files.
- Responsible for creating a respectful environment that stimulates growth and encourages employees to realize their maximum potential and encourages professional development.
- Responsible for maintaining an optimal level of customer service in the Cargo Department by coordinating day to day duties, staffing schedules such as holidays, lunch hours/breaks, organize staff attendance for seminars/training.
- Responsible to resolve and assist resolving customer complaints, refunds, claims.
- Responsible to ensure regular audits are performed on processes and procedures followed by his/her staff, and keep track of audit results to manage staff performance and determine corrective action plans when necessary.
- Responsible to conduct documentation audits in accordance to instructions and intervals set by Perimeter’s Safety Quality and Security Department, or other Departments within the Organization; in order to comply with regulatory governing bodies’ requirements.
- Responsible for providing technical, operational direction and support to department staff, answers questions and handles customer inquiries or complaints referred by other employees.
- Responsible to assist in the preparation of yearly department budgets and ensuring that budget targets are met.
- Responsible to work on projects assigned by the Manager, Cargo Department Winnipeg, meeting quality standards and deadlines.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining thorough knowledge of relevant Perimeter Aviation LP policies and procedures on internal control and risk management and consistently apply them, ensuring his or her staff applies them as well.
- Responsible for ensuring Thompson Cargo Department staff members are in full compliance with the Company’s training requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for complying with the duties and responsibilities outlined in the SMS manual for the “Department Managers”.
- Monitor and audit Cargo Receivers ADS reports, and floats.
- Track the balance of the Thompson float, and ensure appropriate change levels are available to Cargo Receiving staff.
- Prepare and deposit all cash collected on a daily basis.
- Occasional travel required for training and to meet with customers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of Supervisory experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Customer Service Training
- Aboriginal Awareness Training
- Professional Development Courses
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.