Flight Dispatcher Type B – YWG Applicant Pool
Posted: February 8, 2021
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the acquisition of Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees can feel proud of the work that they do and the company they work for. We seek employees who embrace a “can-do” attitude to help transform the communities that we serve.
The Flight Dispatcher is the key position responsible for the coordination of the “Type B” Operational control function of the company. The Flight Dispatcher is responsible for the Company’s “Co-authority” dispatch system including the assistance in the flight planning, Flight Watch and coordinating and communicating of all aspects of Perimeter’s 705 aircraft operations, both ground and air.
The Flight Dispatcher is a member of the SOCC Department and is also responsible for maintaining an active safety management system (SMS) that includes all aspects of Perimeter’s flight operations, both ground and air.
- Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with all departments, business partners and customers.
- Ability to effectively listen and demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility, with demonstrated interpersonal skills allowing one to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and provide sound judgment.
- Effective and efficient multitask and organizational abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is imperative.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, working well within a team environment.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Exercise operational control of flights on a co authority basis with the PIC in accordance with Part 5: Operational Control System – Type B (705) of the Company Operations Manual.
- Daily Flight Dispatch duties, including preparation of the Operational Flight Plan and the flight watch function of the Type B operational control system of each Perimeter 705 flight as per company policies.
- Possess the ability to make informed decisions without compromising internal policies/procedures.
- Monitor the airline management software, and consult and communicate with all departments to ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide weather briefings to other SOCC employees when required and inform the SOCC of any weather concerns/issues for the day-to-day operations.
- Predict “real time” and update flight times through the airline management software.
- Work with department managers to understand the basic workings of each department.
- Prepare various reports including daily, monthly, and annual Operational reports.
- Identify and recommend efficiency opportunities to management, which would improve upon daily processes to capture operational efficiencies, i.e. improve reporting accuracy, completeness, timeliness.
- Demonstrate positive and respectful teamwork by providing ongoing support and assistance to the overall Flight Operations Control Centre, understanding how your performance may affect the Flight Operations Department.
- Actively demonstrate the willingness to share knowledge and learn from others e.g. participation at Flight Operations Centre meetings, other department meetings, training events, point of contact with NAV Canada Facilities.
- Responsible for providing training and mentoring to new Flight Dispatchers and new Flight Followers, ensuring that the Flight Operations Centre is maximizing operational effectiveness.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma; prior experience in operations and/or flight coordination preferred but not required.
- Must be 21 years of age or over.
- Successful completion of Transport Canada Exams (FD Ops and FD Met) required.
- Canadian Radio License (Aeronautical) considered an asset.
- Strong customer service experience considered an asset.
- Knowledge of airline management software(s)and Flight Planning software(s) considered an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is considered a strong asset.
- Ability to qualify for WAA (RAIC) Pass.
- Ability to read and interpret aviation weather (NAV Canada) an asset.
- Exceptional computer application skills are required, including word processing, and spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Cultural Diversity training an asset.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Modified work agreement (7 on/7 off or Monday-Friday).
- Office environment.
- Be able to work outside of public transit hours.
- Flexible hours.
- Overtime when required.
- Physical location of this position is only accessible via flight of stairs.
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.