What Can You Ship?
Please take a moment to review the list of Allowed, Prohibited, and Illegal items that can be transported on Perimeter aircraft.
Allowed, Prohibited, and Illegal Items
Please take a moment to review the Perimeter cargo list of Allowed, Prohibited, and Illegal items
Dangerous goods cannot be shipped by Perimeter Aviation without proper packaging and paperwork. The following is a list of common dangerous goods that may require special packaging and paperwork before being transported in a Perimeter aircraft:
If you’re unsure about something in your shipment, please ask!
Note: Any undeclared Dangerous Good that is found during a search / scan of a package must be held for future inspection by Transport Canada. These items may or may not be returned to you at their discretion.
When shipping dangerous goods (or travelling with dangerous goods) you must ensure the item is packaged and handled according to Transport Canada dangerous goods regulations.
If you have any questions regarding shipping (or travelling with) dangerous goods, please contact our Dangerous Goods hotline (1-800-665-8986) ext 4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.. Our in-house dangerous goods expert will be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your item(s). Hours of Operations Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Large Items (Bulk Freight)
This rate will apply to all freight that exceeds 3″ x 3″ x 3″ or weighs 150 lbs or more as a singular piece. This Rate will be applicable but not limited to:
- Large electronics
- Building materials
- Chips (2) boxes or more
- over-sized automotive parts(tires)
- Boat Motors
Our friendly Cargo staff will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding large items. Please call 1-800-665-8986 ext 4027 Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m..
Where Can you Ship?
Regularly Scheduled Destinations
We offer daily cargo shipping to and from any of our regularly scheduled destinations in Manitoba and North Western Ontario.
Custom Charter Shipping Anywhere in North America
Our Charters department can provide custom cargo shipping to any location in North America.
If you have a large amount of cargo or need to transport your shipment to a location that is not listed on our destinations page, then you might want to consider using our charter services for your cargo shipping needs. Please contact our Charters department for pricing and more details.
Perimeter offers the following shipping options:
Envelope / Small Box – This option is available for packages or envelopes weighing between 1 and 5 pounds. Customers using this option can expect their shipment within 2 days.
Rush Shipping – This option expedites your freight to the next flight with weight and space availability.
Rush Shipping Policies
Rush shipping is available to customers who need to expedite their freight. Customers sending freight rush can expect their shipment within 3 days.
- Rush shipping is used when the items must be shipped in advance of what can’t be accommodated using our Express or General shipping service.
- Live plants, tobacco, party food (cakes, fast food and deli trays), and infectious substances (dangerous goods compliant) must be shipped as Rush Cargo.
- There is a limited amount of space (and weight) available on each aircraft that can be used for Rush shipping.
Express Shipping – Customers sending freight Express can expect their shipment within 5 days.
Express Shipping Policies
Express shipping is available to customers who can expect their shipment within 5 days.
- Any item can be shipped Express that is not Bulk or Dangerous Goods.
- There is a limited amount of space (and weight) available on each aircraft that can be used for Express shipping.
General Shipping – Customers sending freight General can expect their shipment within 7 days.
General Shipping Policies
General shipping is used when your shipment does not need to be delivered by a specific date, or if you are able to wait for it to be shipped on a first-come / first-serve / space-available basis. Almost any item can be shipped as General Cargo except for pets, live plants, tobacco, feast or party food (cakes, fast food and deli trays) and infectious substances (dangerous goods compliant) which must be shipped as Rush Cargo.
- Our goal is to ship General cargo within the timelines listed in our Service Level Agreement (SLA) after payment has been received; however, it is important to note that general freight is subject to space availability, and that passengers, excess baggage, Rush and Express cargo have precedence over general freight.
- If your item(s) must be delivered by a specific date, please consider using the Cargo Seat Block service.
Our Cargo Seat Block applies when item(s) are being sent without an accompanying passenger but are guaranteed to travel on a specific flight. Please refer to our Seat Block Program FAQs or call 1-800-665-8986 with any questions you may have on guaranteed block shipping.
Transportation of Human Remains
- All human remains flying out of a remote community to any urban center (Winnipeg, Thompson, Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay) will only be accepted if in a leak-proof body bag and dropped off ninety (90) minutes prior to scheduled flight departure time.
- Cargo Seat Block must be booked for transportation of human remains in a body bag. To book a Cargo Seat Block please contact 1-800-665-8986.
- Human remains shipments from Winnipeg, Thompson, Sioux Lookout or Thunder Bay can only be transported on Charter flights. Please contact our Charter department at 1-888-831-8472 or email@example.com for all Bereavement charter arrangements.
- Baby/infant caskets are permitted to travel with the family on scheduled flights. Enclosed in a casket or wrapped and securely sealed in a heavy plastic sheeting, or in a leak-proof body bag measuring 12” x 12” x 24” or less.
We require all customers age 18 and over to present valid ID when shipping freight. The name on the air waybill consignor must match the ID presented.
Customers dropping off freight at the main hubs (Winnipeg, Thompson, Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay) counters must:
- Present one valid Government-issued photo ID
- Alternatively, present two valid (2) Government-issued non-photo ID
Customers at all other Perimeter counter locations must:
- Present one piece of acceptable ID*
- The ID card or document cannot be expired
- The ID card or document must be in its original form and cannot be altered in any way, photocopies are not accepted
- The ID card or document must have the name printed and must be legible
- The name listed on the air waybill consignor must match exactly to the name printed on the ID presented
- Any Government issued photo or non-photo ID
- Loyalty Card
- Gym Membership Card
- Medical Warrant
- Bank Card
- Credit Card
- Student ID Card
- Library Card
Packaging and Labelling Requirements
It is very important to ensure your freight is packed in a strong box, with appropriate labeling (fridge / freezer, fragile, dangerous goods, etc.). Perimeter is not responsible for any loss if the freight is not properly packaged and/or labelled.
All meat products must be shipped frozen and labelled accordingly.
Items that require fridge / freezer storage must be clearly labelled to ensure proper handling while in our possession.
Shipping Costs and Payment Requirements
All shipping costs must be paid in full before any items will be shipped.
We will not accept collect shipments. Unpaid parcels will not be accepted.
Package Drop-Off and Pick-Up
When dropping-off a package for shipment, ID must be provided, and the items being shipped must be inspected to confirm their contents (these are Transport Canada requirements).
Customers cannot take partial pieces from a shipment unless the Air Waybill is cancelled, and all the original pieces are taken by the customer.
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Please review our Service Level Agreement (SLA) to see estimated shipping times for various types of commodities.
Please take a moment to review our Cargo Tariff.
Please create an online report for damaged, delayed or lost cargo items.
- Perimeter is not responsible for items that expire in our possession when the expiry date is within 30 days of drop-off.
- Claims will not be processed without original receipts for the items that were damaged or missing.
- Floor models, ice cream not packaged in dry ice, automobile windshields, or house windows not packed in a wooden crate are shipped at ‘Owners Risk’ will not be eligible for a claim if damaged.
- Please ensure you have as many pictures as necessary to illustrate any damage being reported to the content or item(s) being claimed. If applicable, the pictures must include the packaging material or container used to store the damaged item(s).
Claim Report for damaged cargo must be submitted to Perimeter within 48 hours from receipt of cargo.
Lost Cargo Report for missing cargo must be submitted to Perimeter within 7 days from the date on which the cargo should be been received.
Delayed Cargo Report for delayed cargo must be submitted within 48 hours from the date on which the cargo has been delivered