Check In Policy
ID Requirements at Check-In
Effective April 27, 2020, we require all passengers age 18 and over to present valid ID at check-in. The name in the passenger reservation must match the ID presented.
Passengers checking-in at all Perimeter counter locations must:
- Present one piece of acceptable ID*
- The ID card or document cannot be expired
- The ID card or document must be in its original form and cannot be altered in any way, photocopies are not accepted
- The ID card or document must have the name printed and must be legible
- The name listed in the passenger reservation must match exactly to the name printed on the ID presented
- Any Government issued photo or non-photo ID
- Loyalty Card
- Gym Membership Card
- Medical Warrant
- Bank Card
- Credit Card
- Student ID Card
- Library Card
Passengers checking-in at Winnipeg International airport counter must:
- Present one valid Government-issued photo ID
- Alternatively, present two valid (2) Government-issued non-photo ID
Please allow sufficient time at the airport for check-in, screening of checked bags and security clearance. You are required to obtain your boarding pass and check in any baggage by the check-in deadline, and be available at the departure gate to board the aircraft by the flight boarding cutoff.
Once checked in, it is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure adequate time to clear security after check-in and present themselves at the proper departure gate by flight boarding cutoff. Acceptance of a passenger at check-in does not guarantee the aircraft will be held beyond scheduled departure.
Please make yourself familiar with the check-in and boarding times. Failure to meet these deadlines may result in the cancellation of your reservation and ineligibility for denied boarding compensation. It may also result in forfeiture of the fare paid, depending on the type of ticket purchased.
Recommended Check-in and Boarding Times
|Winnipeg Richardson International
Perimeter Winnipeg Terminal
|Thunder Bay, Sudbury,
Timmins, North Bay,
Sault Ste Marie
|All Other Airports|
|Recommended Check-In||60 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|Check-In Deadline||30 minutes||20 minutes||15 minutes|
|Flight Boarding Closes||10 minutes||10 minutes||10 minutes|