Check In Policy
ID Requirements at Check-In
All passengers age 18 years and older must present valid ID at check-in. The name in the passenger reservation must match the ID presented.
Passengers checking-in at all Perimeter counter locations must:
- Present one piece of acceptable ID*
- The ID card or document cannot be expired
- The ID card or document must be in its original form and cannot be altered in any way, photocopies are not accepted
- The ID card or document must have the name printed and must be legible
- The name listed in the passenger reservation must match exactly to the name printed on the ID presented
- Any Government issued photo or non-photo ID
- Loyalty Card
- Gym Membership Card
- Medical Warrant
- Bank Card
- Credit Card
- Student ID Card
- Library Card
- Proof of Vaccination Card
- Indigenous Services Canada Transportation Voucher
- Temporary Confirmation of Registration of Indigenous Status from Indigenous Services Canada
Passengers checking-in at Winnipeg International airport counter must:
- Present one valid Government-issued photo ID
- Alternatively, present two valid (2) Government-issued non-photo ID
Please allow sufficient time at the airport for check-in, screening of checked bags and security clearance. You are required to obtain your boarding pass and check in any baggage by the check-in deadline and proceed directly to the boarding gate.
Once checked in, it is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure adequate time to clear security after check-in and present themselves at the proper departure gate. Acceptance of a passenger at check-in does not guarantee the aircraft will be held beyond scheduled departure.
Please make yourself familiar with the check-in and boarding times. Failure to meet these deadlines may result in the cancellation of your reservation and ineligibility for denied boarding compensation. It may also result in forfeiture of the fare paid, depending on the type of ticket purchased.
Recommended Check-in Times
|Winnipeg Richardson International,
Perimeter Winnipeg Terminal,
|Thunder Bay, Sudbury,
North Bay, Sault Ste Marie
|All Other Airports|
|Recommended Check-In||60 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|Check-In and Baggage
|45 minutes||30 minutes**||30 minutes**|
** New check-in deadline for all other airports (Not including Winnipeg and Thompson) effective April 3, 2023.