Maintenance Training Coordinator – YWG
Posted: November 30, 2022
Established in 1960, Perimeter Aviation LP is a diversified company that is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation which has recently grown through the merger with Bearskin Airlines. With more than 750 employees, we operate a fleet of 40+ aircraft including the Metro 2, 3, 23, Merlin and Dash 8 aircraft. We are based in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba as well as Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay, Ontario. We provide scheduled passenger and freight services to Northern Manitoba and Northern Ontario, 24/7 North American charter services, Medical evacuation services and a full-service maintenance facility including design engineering, NDT, and Garrett turbine engine services.
We are a Canadian company, proudly building a diverse workforce that is driven by a shared sense of community, customer service and a dedication to safety. We’re fostering a culture where our employees will feel proud of the work they do and the company they work for. We seek employees with a positive attitude in providing excellent service to the communities in our network.
The Maintenance department training coordinator plays a key role in ensuring regulatory compliance by developing, issuing or coordinating and monitoring all required department training.
This is a full time position located in Winnipeg (YWG) MB.
- Motivated self- starter
- Detail oriented
- Well written with excellent verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for systems based thinking
- Ability to multi task, and prioritize work in a fast paced environment while staying organized
- Works well with others
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with management for the development and maintenance of training programs that meet or exceed the Canadian Aviation Regulation requirements
- Manage the creation, maintenance, upload, issuance and tracking of maintenance training in Perimeters online learning management software (LMS)
- Manage employee qualification groups for maintenance staff and personnel assigned elementary work training
- Develop and maintain individual training files for applicable personnel.
- Scan and upload a hard copy training files to the LMS as required to ensure accurate training records are kept
- Maintain and update maintenance authorization lists (ACA, SCA, ground run authority, elementary work authority etc.) as directed by the QA Manager, PRM, or DOM
- Issue certificates to all qualified personnel as required
- Monitor and track licenses and authorities for all certified personnel.
- Amend the maintenance training manual under the direction of the QA Manager or PRM
- Coordinate contracted maintenance training as assigned
- Complete regular qualification checks for all maintenance staff and personnel assigned elementary maintenance authority and notify PRM of expired training. Facilitate the re-issuance of training and communication with the individual(s)
- Train and/or Coordinate completion of elementary maintenance training with the flight operations, ramp and maintenance divisions
- Assist management in investigations requiring training review/amendment or development regarding SMS reports and audit findings
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence
- Experience with Perimeter policies and procedures is an asset
- Experience with PowerPoint and or learning management software is an asset
- Training and or Quality assurance experience is considered an asset
- Full time, primarily days in an office environment
- Occasional evening, weekend work may be required based on the needs of the company
- Travel on company and/or commercial aircraft occasionally required
How to Apply
Perimeter Aviation’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiter@perimeter.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.