General or Priority Shipping?
Perimeter offers two shipping options:
General Shipping – A cost-effective shipping option that is recommended when your shipment does not need to be delivered by a specific date. Please review our Service Level Agreement (SLA) for an overview of estimated shipping times when using our general shipping option.
Priority Shipping – A premium shipping option that is recommended for shipments that must be delivered by a specific date.
General Shipping Policies
General shipping is used when your shipment does not need to be delivered by a specific date, or if you are able to wait for it to be shipped on a first-come / first-serve / space-available basis.
- Almost any item can be shipped as General Cargo with the exception of pets, live plants, tobacco, feast or party food (cakes, fast food and deli trays) and infectious substances (dangerous goods compliant) which must be shipped as Priority Cargo.
- Our goal is to ship general cargo within the timelines listed in our Service Level Agreement (SLA) after payment has been received; however, it is important to note that general freight is subject to space availability, and passengers, excess baggage and priority cargo have precedence over general freight.
- If your item(s) must be delivered by a specific date, please consider using Priority shipping (see below).
Priority Shipping Policies
Priority shipping is used when your shipment must be delivered by a specific date.
- Priority shipping is used when your shipment must arrive at the intended destination by a specific date, or if the items must be shipped sooner than what can be accommodated using our general shipping service.
- Pets, live plants, tobacco, feast or party food (cakes, fast food and deli trays), and infectious substances (dangerous goods compliant) must be shipped as Priority Cargo.
- There is a limited amount of space (and weight) available on each aircraft that can be used for priority shipping. Therefore, it is highly recommended to book space for your priority shipment well in advance.
Please contact our Cargo Office today to pre-book space for your priority shipping needs!
Perimeter offers two types of guaranteed seat blocks. Our Seat Block is for baggage that is travelling on the same flight as the passenger. Our Cargo Seat Block applies when item(s) are being sent without an accompanying passenger but are guaranteed to travel on a specific flight. Please refer to our Seat Block FAQs or call 1-800-665-8986 with any questions you may have on guaranteed block shipping.